Can we be accountable and responsible for the errors we make? That is what’s today’s message is about, part of our Cribs series on relationships. Join West Church pastor Andrea Smith to learn the right and wrong way to apologize.
True apologies are a gift we can give to the people in our lives because:
- It releases that person from thinking “How can they do this to me?”
- When we hurt others, it is inevitable that they spend time wondering why and what they did to cause it. So when we offer sincere apologies we give them an opportunity to release their angst around the issue.
- It makes them feel safe. They can know that their feelings are important to us.
- It validates their reality. They can know that their feelings are real.
- It heals the disconnection after we’ve messed up.