Ding Dong Ditch is a missional outreach at Christmas time to show the love of Christ to families who have found themselves experiencing a difficult time due to medical situation, loss of job, or has experienced a death.
You can help spread some extra love this Christmas!
Ways to participate:
- Nominate a family (see how/who can nominate a family? below)
- Shop for gifts- click here (see What do I need to know if I am purchasing a gift/s for Ding, Dong, Ditch? below)
- Deliver gifts anonymously- contact Tammy Seiler by dropping the gifts on the nominees porch ringing the doorbell and leaving before they answer. (see additional ways to help below)
- Donate wrapping paper, gift bags, & bows (see additional ways to help below)
- Families are nominated by someone who is a part of the West Church Faith Community.
- Email Tammy Seiler and ask for the link to nominate a family today!
- As a nominator, you can choose to deliver or have another West person anonymously deliver the gifts.
- Families could be co-workers, neighbors, family members, anyone who needs some extra love this season.
- Gift-giving is anonymous — ages, genders, and a wish list for each member of the family are provided.
- This mission is meant to be an one time expression of care, compassion, and love. Please, do not submit families who’ve been a previous year Ding, Dong, Ditch nominee.
*** Due to our environment’s time and an anticipated great need in our community, nomination priority will go to first-time nominations. The DDD creative team will notify you by Nov. 22 if your nomination is approved.
- You can select a person or family to purchase gifts for.
- If you are interested in shopping for gifts for a whole family please email Tammy Seiler today.
- A suggested wish list will be available for each child including gender, age, and clothing size.
- We recommend gift cards for adults.
- Purchase a gift!
- Due to limited space in our missional warehouse (which now host online worship production) you must be available to drop gifts off at the West office on December 13, 2020 from 11 AM – 1 PM. Address to the West office is: 119 A Magnolia Park Drive Mooresville, NC 28117
Additional Ways to help!
- Deliver gifts anonymously on Sunday, December 20, 2020 by dropping packages off by the front door of nominees, ringing the door bell, then leading. Follow up with a text to ensure delivery was a success.
- Donate wrapping paper, gift bags, and bows. Each family will be given the necessary wrapping materials for gifts provided.
* Ding Dong Ditch gets its name by how the gifts are delivered. The address of the family is given to those who are delivering the packages. They drop the gifts on the doorstep, or a pre-decided area, ring the doorbell or knock on the door, then run! The families who receive the gifts don’t know who purchased them, but our hope is that they feel the love of Christ through the love of others who purchased and prepared the gifts at Christmas time.