West Christmas Challenge
- Commit to the challenge by CLICKING HERE to sign up!
- Each member of your family donates the item of the day on the West Christmas Challenge Calendar.
- Drop your donated items off.
For every person that commits to the challenge, the West staff will donate $5 to Acres of Hope in Uganda in your honor. Check out our partners at Acres of Hope International HERE. Challenge yourself and your family to take this month-long challenge to give back this Christmas season and make a difference locally and globally. To commit to West Christmas Challenge CLICK HERE, sign up every member of your family!
West Christmas Challenge Calendar
Prepare for this season of Christmas with the #Stop the Chaos Challenge
Instead of “receiving,” try “donating” items to local, regional and global partners this Christmas Season every day. Use the #StopTheChoas Calendar as a reference and guide for what to donate. Bring the items back to LNHS on Sunday mornings in December.
Week 1 Challenge Check-list
Each color on the calendar represents a different local or global ministry partner of West.
- Red– Acts of Kindness
- Blue– Backpack Ministries– West UMC works to empower students and their families at Third Creek Elementary (Statesville) and Woodland Heights Elementary (Mooresville) through providing extra food throughout the week.
- Yellow– New Story Ministries– Is a group of people who come together to do church in a totally different way. Nothing is off limits, it’s okay to question, wonder and search. Through Jesus, everyone is welcome, no one wears masks, they live out Jesus’ command to love God and our neighbor and to keep it simple.
- Purple– Acres of Hope, Uganda– A Christ-centered community for vulnerable children located in Nebbi, Uganda. Acres of Hope provides hope for a future to orphans and vulnerable children by providing them with basic needs such as food, shelter, medical care, and an education. The goal is that these children will mature and become productive, generous citizens who will pay it forward and be bright lights in the community.
- Green– Ding Dong Ditch Stocking Stuffers– Ding Dong Ditch is West UMC’s anonymous Christmas Program, where families can be nominated and sponsored for a little extra love this Christmas Season
Donate every Sunday in the small group bin that you are apart of. Not a part of a small group? That’s okay, place your donated items in the West bin. The collection bins will be at the front door of Lake Norman High School, 10 am-Noon on Sunday mornings. Whichever small group wins the challenge, the West staff will come to the small group and provide/ serve dinner.
Competition Bins– The Small group with most collected donations wins a FREE dinner and a lucky committed participant will be entered into a random drawing for a gift card.
- West Youth
- West Children
- Bertelson’s Small Group
- Love to Stay Small Group
- Not So Small Small Group
- Shine On Small Group
- Diving Deeper Small Group
- Dinner Group Small Group